March 19, 2018
It may not be barbequing season quite yet, but our Community Food Facilitators promise these Black Bean Burgers are sure to satisfy your craving until we get there.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (or 1 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¾ to 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Drain and rinse beans and pour them, along with all other ingredients (except breadcrumbs) into a food processor or blender and mix until a slightly chunky puree is achieved.
- Move the mixture to a bowl and hand stir the breadcrumbs in until the puree becomes slightly dry and can easily be formed into patties. Add it slowly, as you can always add more, but taking too much out is difficult!
- Use your hands to make burger size patties.
- Put oil in frying pan, over medium heat, and add the patties when oil is hot. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until medium to dark brown.
- Add whatever toppings and condiments you want and enjoy!