Have you been cycling through the same recipes this winter? Try this Minty Chickpea and Couscous salad to freshen up your kitchen this week! Our Community Food Facilitators have used this recipe and swear by its goodness.
This salad keeps well and will work perfectly for dinner and leftovers for lunch!
Chickpea and Couscous Salad
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large cucumbers
- ½ bunch mint
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar or another flavourful acid)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- salt and paper to taste
- Cook couscous according to directions on the package: usually 1 cup boiling water to 1 cup couscous.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Dice tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Finely chop mint.
- Uncover couscous and fluff with a fork.
- Add all ingredients to one bowl, stir and combine.
- Add all dressing ingredients together in a blender and mix well until combined.
- Pour over salad ingredients and mix well.