February 28, 2017
Happy Pancake Day! Looking to add more vegetables to your diet? These sweet potato pancakes might be just the thing!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl with egg.
- Stir in the flour and add the baking powder.
- Add up to 1/4 cup of milk while stirring.
- Stir in 1 tbsp melted butter.
- The mixture should have the consistency of thick, lumpy sauce like an “instant” pancake mix. Add more milk, if desired, for a thinner consistency.
- Place a non-stick or heavy iron skillet over medium heat on top of the stove and add 1/2 tsp butter. Preheat skillet before cooking pancakes.
- Spoon batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break (approximately 1 to 2 minutes).
- Using a spatula, flip the pancakes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from the skillet and keep warm on a covered plate in the oven.
- Freezes Well.
Makes 10-12 pancakes